- PROTOPIC 0.03% ointment is indicated in adults, adolescents, and children from the age of 2 years.
- PROTOPIC 0.1 % ointment is indicated in adults and adolescents (16 years of age and above).
- Adults and adolescents (16 years of age and above):
- Treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in adults who are not adequately responsive to or are intolerant of conventional therapies such as topical corticosteroids.
- Children (2 years of age and above): Treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in children who failed to respond adequately to conventional therapies such as topical corticosteroids.
Dosage/Direction for Use
PROTOPIC treatment should be initiated by physicians with experience in the diagnosis and treatment of atopic dermatitis.
PROTOPIC is available in two strengths, PROTOPIC 0.03% and PROTOPIC 0.1% ointment.
Method of Administration: PROTOPIC ointment should be applied as a thin layer to affected or commonly affected areas of the skin. PROTOPIC ointment may be used on any part of the body, including face, neck and flexure areas, except on mucous membranes. PROTOPIC ointment should not be applied under occlusion because this method of administration has not been studied in patients (see Precautions).