Contents: Calcipotriol hydrate
Dosage/Direction for Use:
- Daivobet should be applied to affected areas once daily.
- The recommended treatment period is 4 weeks.
- There is experience with repeated courses of Daivobet for up to 52 weeks.
- If it is necessary to continue or restart treatment after 4 weeks, treatment should be continued after medical review and under regular medical supervision.
- When using calcipotriol-containing medicinal products, the maximum daily dose should not exceed 15 g.
- The body surface area treated with calcipotriol containing medicinal products should not exceed 30%.
- Special populations: Renal and hepatic impairment: The safety and efficacy of Daivobet ointment in patients with severe renal insufficiency or severe hepatic disorders have not been evaluated.
- Paediatric population: The safety and efficacy of Daivobet ointment in children below 18 years have not been established.
- Currently available data in children aged 12 to 17 years are described on Side Effects and Pharmacology: Pharmacodynamics under Actions but no recommendation on a posology can be made.
Method of administration: Daivobet ointment should be applied to the affected area. In order to achieve optimal effect, it is not recommended to take a shower or bath immediately after the application of Daivobet ointment.